Saturday, January 3, 2009

Sketchbook "JOY" is here.

Please visit Janice's blog:   www.fripperee.wordpress.com
Her handmade journals are wonderful.   I hope everyone will be able to have one in this New Year 2009.


It is here!   All the way from Australia.  Sketchbook "JOY".    This is so much more than I expected.  It is just a beautiful book.   
I am doing sketches in my big Sketchbook and writing ideas on how to begin the Illumination of the wonderful gift.    There are many pages.  Very nice cover.  The leaves are well sewn.  
"JOY" is a joy! 



6 comments:

steviewren said...

Hi Quilt Knit. Thanks for visiting my blog recently. Your sketchbook from Australia is fabulous. Have fun filling it's pages!

Quilt knit said...

Thanks for leaving a comment. I really enjoy them! I am in a dilemma. I think I need to use straight Acrylics or Guache. What do you think for Illuminated pages that will have an illuminated Letter?

Sherrie

steviewren said...

I'm not really sure about which medium to use but you might find some good tips on this blog.

http://kellyinkstudio.blogspot.com/2009/02/sparrow-and-more-on-clear-gesso.html

I would love to see your Illuminated pages. I would love to be able to do that kind of work. Please tell us more about what you plan to do.

Mary said...

Lovely sketchbook and I especially love your prisma color piece with the bold colors and the way you render shadows.

Thank you for the nice comment on my blog, I will be visiting your's to see what you will be doing.

MILLY said...

The sketch book is gorgeous, something special when things are handmade. It makes you want to fill with with beautiful things.
Have you used inktense pencils, they give you bright ink colours when wet, might be nice for illuminated letters.

Quilt knit said...

Wow! I apologize for being late in answering your wonderful comments.
I certainly, enjoy the visits to my blog. I will certainly be back by your blogs. Thank-you so much.

Sherrie